The 10/40 Window
The 10/40 Window is located from 10 degrees south to 40 degrees north of the equator. There are 69 nations across northern Africa, the Middle East, and Central Asia in the 10/40 Window. Nearly 4 billion people live here, including 90 percent of the world’s poorest of the poor. It is estimated that 1.6 billion of these people have never had the chance to hear the Gospel of Jesus Christ – not even once! The seat of every major non-Christian religion – Islam, Buddhism, Hinduism, Animism, Atheism, and Sikhism – is headquartered in the 10/40 Window. Two-thirds of the world’s population (4 billion) live in the 68 nations of the 10/40 Window.
- Two-thirds of the world’s population — 4 billion people — live in the 10/40 Window.
- 95% of these 4 billion people are unevangelized.
- 87% are the poorest of the poor, living on an average of only $250 per family annually.
- In many of the 69 nations, witnessing the Christian Gospel is illegal and will result in imprisonment or death.
- 45 of the 50 worst countries in the world for persecution of Christians are in the 10/40 Window.
- Child prostitution and child slavery run rampant in many of these nations.
- Horrific abuse of women and children remains unchecked, including an epidemic of pedophilia.
- A majority of the world’s terrorist organizations are based in the 10/40 Window, and children as young as 18 months old are trained to be Jihad soldiers.
Though the needs are both desperate and urgent, only 5¢ out of every $100 spent on missions globally is directed toward the 10/40 Window. That’s 0.0005% of all mission money designated to bring the Gospel to 66% of the world’s population!